If you want to give people a hint that you don't much care about whether your company harms the habitat that we depend upon for our health, happiness and security:
- Take a sample of your product that you'd like to give away for free, say a single piece of gum.
- Wrap it in packaging made from plastic, which doesn't break down in the landfill and remains on the planet for a few hundred years.
- Wrap the result in another layer of the same plastic packaging.
- Take that double-wrapped sample and wrap it in yet another layer of packaging so that the sample is now triple-wrapped in a container that is around 100 times the size of the sample you are giving away.
- If you have a good sense of irony, while you're wasting all these packaging materials and demonstrating your lack of interest in the health of the planet, include in the package some sort of marketing blurb that goes on and on about how health-promoting your product is so that the hypocrisy is palpable.
- Finally, if you really want to make sure that your scheme is both bad for your image and bad for the planet, give your little package away to people in such huge handfuls that they don't even want it and it ends up in a place where everyone who walks by can get a good look: