The No Impact Project is looking for a talented and motivated part-time Program Manager to work in close partnership with the Program Director to ensure the successful execution of a multi-pronged programming and fundraising agenda. This Program Manager will be vital in helping us build capacity in our organization and continue to develop and manage our programs.
The No Impact Project was founded in 2009 by Colin Beavan (No Impact Man), following the success of his blog, book, and Sundance-selected film, which chronicle his experiment living a zero-waste lifestyle in New York City. Our goal is to empower citizens to make choices which better their lives and lower their environmental impact through lifestyle change, community action, and participation in civic engagement. We have reached millions of people with our programs, including the No Impact Week, an engaging and fun weeklong carbon cleanse that gives participants the opportunity to experience a low impact living experiment of their own.
Areas of responsibility will include:
● Program-related research, development, and execution
● Communications and marketing
● Event planning
● Grant proposal research and writing
● Social media and technology project development
● Administrative duties
● College graduate
● Resident of New York City or surrounding area
● Excellent writing and communications skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Previous experience in event planning or program management
● Highly organized and detail oriented
● Interest in environmental and sustainability issues
● Ability to work independently and take initiative
● Confident, good sense of humor, creative thinker (all requirements!)
As most of our work is done via telephone and internet, the position is mostly virtual. It will begin as a part time consultant, with the potential to become full time staff. We are looking to start the Program Manager immediately, for a four month period with potential for renewal.
Please email your cover letter, resume/CV, and a 3-5 page writing sample to Lindsay Buchanan at Lindsay@noimpactproject.org. Applications are due February 8th.