From the No Impact Project:
The No Impact Project (NIP) was conceived by Colin Beavan, aka No Impact Man, following the success of his blog, book, and film, which chronicle his family’s year-long experiment living a zero-waste lifestyle in New York City. Central to his thesis is the notion that deep-seated individual behavior change leads to both cultural change and political engagement. Living low-impact provides a clear entry point into the environmental movement. This thesis is the bedrock of NIP.
The No Impact Project is looking for talented and
motivated interns to work in close partnership with the Associate Director to
ensure the successful execution of multiple programs during the coming winter break and/or spring semester. Interns
will be vital in helping us build capacity in our fledgling organization. Areas of responsibility will
- Program related research, development and execution
- Grant proposal research
- Curriculum outreach
- Social media and technology project development
- Communications and marketing
- Administrative duties
15 hours/week in the “office” and/or telecommuting.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 15
None. Academic credit only (if applicable). Letter of reference from Executive Director upon completion of internship.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Previous experience working for a small non-profit a plus.
- Interest in environmental issues.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Confident, good sense of humor, creative thinker (all requirements!)
Please send a brief cover letter and resume (2 page max) to Stephanie at Stephanie@noimpactproject.org.