Yeah, really. We're all going to get sicker as the ice caps melt according to a new story in Wired (photo courtesy of them, by the way).
Well, to put it succinctly, in the words of the blog What Ya Thinkn?:
- Humans keep relying on non-renewable sources.
- Use of these sources leads to rapid greenhouse emissions as is the case at the moment.
- Sunlight gets blocked and the north and south pole start feeling the heat.
- Ice melts.
- Frozen influenza strains from years and years ago come to life, ready to get in contact with a living creature.
- Bird A comes along doing its usual thing.
- Bird A catches the strain.
- Bird A thinks about migrating, kinda getting cold here it thinks.
- Flies to one of the unlucky countries, I'm guessing Mexico.
- Takes a dump on one of the pedestrains aka Patient 0, boom.
- Pandemic starts.