Yeah, really. We're all going to get sicker as the ice caps melt according to a new story in Wired (photo courtesy of them, by the way).
Well, to put it succinctly, in the words of the blog What Ya Thinkn?:
- Humans keep relying on non-renewable sources.
- Use of these sources leads to rapid greenhouse emissions as is the case at the moment.
- Sunlight gets blocked and the north and south pole start feeling the heat.
- Ice melts.
- Frozen influenza strains from years and years ago come to life, ready to get in contact with a living creature.
- Bird A comes along doing its usual thing.
- Bird A catches the strain.
- Bird A thinks about migrating, kinda getting cold here it thinks.
- Flies to one of the unlucky countries, I'm guessing Mexico.
- Takes a dump on one of the pedestrains aka Patient 0, boom.
- Pandemic starts.
Colin Beavan (that's me!) is now leading a conversation about finding a happy, helpful life at Colinbeavan.com. If you want to know how people are breaking out and and finding authentic, meaningful lives that help our world, check it out the blog here and sign up to join the conversation here.