I want the comments section of this blog to have real value for its participants. To accomplish that, up until now, I haven't felt the need to moderate the discussion at all. My recent gardening experience, however, has taught me that a little judicious pruning can make an organism more healthy!
So: I've decided to both to begin enforcing the guidelines for discussion and to revise them to make them a little more clear. The guidelines can always be found on the left hand side of the blog, but here they are, too, as a gentle reminder:
- The comments section of this blog is intended to provide a forum for discussions about positive change.
- Please post your comments on the blog entry you are referring to, and keep them relevant to the topic of the post.
- Please pursue long back and forth discussions by private email rather than in the comments.
- Please advance ideas and add positive knowledge; nitpicking has its place but it isn't here.
- Be courteous.
- Discuss ideas and refrain from personal attacks.
- Give accurate information in the spirit of being helpful.
- Disagree respectfully.
- Credit others when you quote them.
- Be brief (ish).
- Admit the possibility of fault and respect different points of views.
- Accept that your comment may be deleted if it doesn't adhere to these guidelines.